“If it’s not fun, you’re not doing it right.” - Bob Basso
What is this blog about?
The purpose of this blog is to combine the latest psychological discoveries, self-improvement theory and ancient Vedic knowledge (there is much more to ancient knowledge than most people think). My goal is to turn self-help into a clear, simple and FUN process for you, because I don’t believe that you must continuously struggle with yourself in order to get better!
This blog covers a wide range of self-improvement topics such as: motivation and goal setting, happiness and success, communication and relationships, health and fitness, time management and financial abundance.
Who am I and why should you listen to me?
My name is Arina Nikitina and I am the creator and the writer of this blog. I was born in Latvia (a small, but beautiful country on the Baltic Sea). I currently live between Milan and Miami, visiting my family in Latvia whenever I have a chance.
I like to travel, read inspirational book (as well as trashy romantic novels).
I am currently learning how to dance salsa, play the piano and cook (and I am happy to inform you that there have been no deaths or physical damage caused by any of these activities).
Since early childhood I was amazed at people’s abilities to make simple things sound complicated and boring. This amazement has never passed.
Disclaimers! Read carefully!
- I didn’t develop self-discipline – I found my passion!
- I didn’t lose weight by sticking to a diet – I changed my relationship with food.
- I didn’t learn to manage my time – I got my priorities straight.
- I didn’t make everyone like me – I cut on judging, gossiping and complaining instead.
- I didn’t force myself into self-improvement – I started living consciously.
- I didn’t solve the world hunger problem – I simply made my life purpose helping one person at a time.
Everything else took care of itself.
What have I achieved?
- I have earned a degree in Psychology in just three semesters. In addition I did it in Italian, without knowing a word of Italian before I started.
- I have changed my eating habits and became a vegetarian.
- I have successfully overcome most of my limiting beliefs and noticeably improved my financial situation
- I have improved my vision from -4.25 to -2 (and I plan to stop wearing glasses all together after about two months)
- I have created my morning ritual, where I wake up at 6 a.m., meditate and do yoga for a hour (something that had seemed unrealistic for me just a few years ago)
- I have dedicated a lot of time in studying Ancient Vedic knowledge (that I try to incorporate with modern day discoveries and make it applicable in our busy world)
- I wrote a book “How to set and achieve your goals” and it has quickly become a best-seller
- I created a portal – one of the biggest and most popular portals on goal-setting. Check it out if you want to www. goal-setting-guide.com
- Through my website, tweeter and Facebook I have met many wonderful, open-hearted and interesting people, who have taught me more than I could have ever learned from all the psychology books. They are my inspiration and moral support.
That’s about all I can say about me. Now I would like to learn more about you…
Connect with me
If you have concerns or suggestions or would like to write a guest post, please don’t hesitate to contact me here. I really appreciate your feedback.
For everyday motivational boost subscribe to motivational Quote of the Day and I promise that you will find a wonderful and inspirational quote in your inbox daily.
And if that’s not enough, and you feel like doing another good deed today, please make a donation to the charity Water. Because you CAN make a difference in another person’s life.
Hugs and kisses and then some more hugs,