In this economy, who wants to pay for different liposuction prices when you can just lose the weight naturally? You’ll live healthier, feel better about yourself and work towards a goal. But how do you do this? Well, there are some steps you can take.
1. Exercise is still critical. People are looking at 150 minutes of exercise a week. The good news is that whereas a few years ago when it was recommended to work out five times, 30 minutes a day, now there are benefits to working out three times a day for just 10 minutes each, and it’s just as effective as the 30 minute workout! Park the car further away and walk into work, or get off the bus a couple of stops earlier.
2. Reward yourself. It’s tough to imagine but you have to be your biggest cheerleader. Not everyone is going to pat you on the back every time you lose ten pounds, but why don’t you treat yourself to a nice little trinket under $10 if you do manage that? It’s much cheaper than, say a chin liposuction cost.
3. Find out why you overeat. There are many factors – such as stress, depression, anger, loneliness… Emotions make people eat more, and there are books that deal with these issues and offer alternatives. Or if you really need help, a counselor can steer you in the right direction.
4. Join a weight management group. No matter what you do, you need support from like-minded people. A support group can help you because then you know you’re not alone. You can even share stories of how you fear something like an abdominal liposuction.
5. Make small changes. This is NOT “The Biggest Loser”, if you lose 20 pounds in a week, you’ve lost mostly muscle and water. Ideally, you should lose 1-2 pounds every week, and that can be attained by cutting 250-500 calories from your diet and working out for another 250-500 calories.
6. Portion Control. In this day and age when steaks can be 3 or 4 pounds, it’s hard to imagine that you should only eat half of what’s on your plate, but why not save some of it for a couple of hours from now, to cut down on the “Full” feeling?
7. Eat Slower. This should be common sense. When you eat, it requires about 15-20 minutes before you feel the impact of the food. This is why those contest eaters eat quickly. They don’t feel it until later. By eating slower, your body will react and you’ll feel satisfied more than stuffed.
8. Be healthy, not thin. Many people look forward to getting into that size 6 dress or those size 34 jeans, but you can’t do it if your sole focus is to stay thin. Focus more on eating foods that make you healthy.
9. Muscles are huge fat burners. Work to become stronger. Bodybuilders eat thousands of calories a day because they have so much muscle they need to eat to maintain it. Muscle is active tissue but fat is not.
10. Eat smart. Everyone sees “fat-free” foods and figures they can pig out on them. Not so fast. The calories in a fat free food are often as many as in their fatty counterparts. And even though 10-15% of the calories are burned converting the carbs and proteins to fat, that doesn’t give a free reign to eat all you want. Watch more than just fat grams.
With these tips, you can be on your way to a healthier and more active you. Why spend thousands in liposuction costs when you can avoid it entirely by making some minor changes to your life?