Get What You Want in 4 Easy Steps
Setting and reaching goals is a great way to create milestones in your life. It feels good to achieve something you’ve worked for and focused on.
Many people think that when someone reaches a goal it’s because that person is special or has some unique talent. Chances are, this person had a plan and a vision.
Yes, the old saying of “people don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan” is tired, but alas, still true. A plan can be an idea on a cocktail napkin r an elaborate schematic of steps to reach a particular objective. It may simply be a picture.
Either way, goals and objective require something concrete. The “mortar” that holds a dream together is made with only three ingredients:
1. Words. Written goals are more likely to come true than those that aren’t.
2. Pictures. Visual goals are the epitome of “seeing is believing, and believing is seeing” your objective come true.
3. Action. Love, like your desire to reach a goal, is not just a feeling, it must be an action. Do your actions equate with your goal? In other words, if your goal is to be a writer, are you, in fact, writing or just thinking about it? You’ve got to do it to be it.
Now you may be wondering how goal setting and goal-achieving relate to feng shui. Well, your environment has a direct impact on your effectiveness and your life, so to increase your chances of success, you want to make sure your environment reflects that desire. In other words: use symbolism in your home or office to keep the focus on your goals. Also, the Chinese hang banners with auspicious sayings in their homes and businesses to reflect their aspirations… So you see, this is perfectly feng shui.
The ideas below will help you focus your attention on your goals so that you, too, will be one of those admired people who set a goal and achieved it!
1. Symbolize your goals. What is it you want to achieve? Is it your goal to be a famous writer? If so, start an antique pen collection and place it in the south sector of fame and recognition. Add a light here and pictures of some of your favorite writers — yourself included! — in red frames. Pick something to symbolize your goal, whether that is a vase, a globe, a figurine. Put this where you can see it frequently.
2. Picture it. Pictures are worth a thousand words. Put pictures that symbolize your goals in the appropriate corner to inspire you! Is it health? Put up a picture of a runner if exercising or completing a marathon is your goal.
Maybe you want wealth and to you being wealthy is represented by living in Tahiti… So, put a poster of a gorgeous Tahitian island up on the wall opposite your desk where you can see it everyday. It will make going after your goal sweeter.
3. Activate your goals by sector by creating a symbol corner. If your goal is to be a wealthy businessman, then the north and northwest sectors are all-important. They represent water which is wealth (north), and helpful people (northwest). Buiild a symbol corner with elements appropriate for your goal and that corner. Not sure about the sectors? Check my 2005 lo shu square.
4. Put your goals into words. In addition to creating your goal corner and hanging a picture of your goal, you can complete the scene by adding your goal in words. So, for example, if you’ve created a marriage goal corner with a double fish symbol, a lamp with crystals, a red candle, and a picture of two people holding hands, all you need on the wall next to this is the word “Love” or “Forever” or “Commitment” or “Marriage.”
Or, if you’ve created a business corner, go with the word “Success” or “Prosperity.” A very wealthy businesswoman who I admire greatly had a sign made to hang above her front door that said “Abundance” and everyday, it reinforced her goal to her and to her family. Way to go! Wall Words has tons of great ideas of how to put words to work in your home.
Kathryn Weber is the publisher of the Red Lotus Letter Feng Shui E-zine and certified feng shui consultant in classical Chinese feng shui. Kathryn helps her readers improve their lives and generate more wealth with feng shui. For more information visit http://www.redlotusletter.com and learn the fast and fun way how feng shui can make your life more prosperous and abundant! To subscribe and receive the FREE Ebook, “Easy Money – 3 Steps to Building Massive Wealth with Feng Shui,”logon to http://www.redlotusletter.com